Some sheep for Brian- not forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some sheep for Brian- not forgotten

Taken at Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire.

These are a rare breed. Will let you know the name ikn due course. All C&C welcome.

(i) Looking at me- should I run away?

(ii) A sheep portrait

(iii)

(v) Another sheep portrait

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Some sheep for Brian- not forgotten

Hi Nathaniel,

Lovely detail in all the shots, I like #2 the best. In #3 I may have cropped a little off the right hand side to give the effect of a little more room in front of the sheep.

Comment

Thanks Muscat. I see your point re #3. It can stil be done as I have taken these in RAW as well.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

These wooly animals are fun to take - and safe to take photos of unless there are some really young lambs when they might give you the odd nudge. The hard thing is to get down low enough so that you are on a level with their eyes

Thanks for posting these - I am tempted to go and take some sheep myself - which is difficult in Kent
        ef-r

Comment

Brian, it must be a regional thing. In my part of the world you find lots of sheep but not many goats. I agree with you getting low down on your knees- something I find difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
            I agree with you getting low down on your knees- something I find difficult.
            You should trying to get eye to eye with pigmy goats then

Last edited by briansquibb; 17-10-2010, 13:58.
            ef-r

Comment

Brian, nice picture- very appealing. To get on my knees to photographs them would require a small crane to lift me up again!

Comment

I have to lay down to get pictures of these
                ef-r

Comment

I am aware of that, having seen an earlier photo of yours depicting a goat that came behind you, whilst you were shooting something in front of you. Yes, agree, to get some stunning pics one has to also undergo a bit of discomfort!!!

Comment

Yes, agree, to get some stunning pics one has to also undergo a bit of discomfort!!!
                    Plenty of sheep on the south downs, it's a mutton snappers paradise
                    Trev

Comment

Working...
                    X