6 month old goat

7d, 135 f/2, f/2, iso 100, 1/200

ef-r

Re: Behind you!!

who are you calling an old goat ??

I like this image Brian, nicely done.

Comment

Good detail and nice light on the fur around the head and the narrow dof has given good separation from the background but it has also lost some definition in the horns. Shooting at f5.6 and ISO 400 would have been better I think and shooting a little more round to the right would have given better eye contact

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Good detail and nice light on the fur around the head and the narrow dof has given good separation from the background but it has also lost some definition in the horns. Shooting at f5.6 and ISO 400 would have been better I think and shooting a little more round to the right would have given better eye contact

Stan
        This was strictly a candid photo - just shot with what I got - I was waiting for the goat behind this when it turned. Cant get goats to pose I was playing with the shallow DOF to see how it works for animals.

Personally I am happy with OOF horns as I feel it gives more of the 3D feel. The more I play with the shallow DOF the more I feel there are occasions where the shallow DOF can work - just a case of identifying when is best.

I put a lot of pictures out on facebook to guage the public's likes and dislikes. The one above was the second favourite in the last two weeks and the one below was the favourite (on the goat pages). Quite often there is a divergence in togs likes and public likes - my competition winners usually fall flat with the public.

Last edited by briansquibb; 03-11-2011, 09:12.
        ef-r

Comment

I can't see any pictures Brian.
          I always like your goat pics :)
          “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
          http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Looks like the goat has had enough of you Brian and has "bu******d off"
            David

Comment

That's the great thing about digital, you can take loadsa pics of critters like goats and not have to worry about wasting film.

Trev

Comment

Looks like the goat has had enough of you Brian and has "bu******d off"
                they had disappeared on my work PC earlier and they are still gone at home

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Sorry about the loss of picture - website stopped working. Back now so here it is - the facebook favourite

This shot into the sun with exposure compensation +2, f2.8 to get the edges oof (and blur into background) and then turned into monochrome

ef-r

Comment

Working...
                  X