Campaign against Capers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign against Capers??

I think the taste of capers ruins many a tasty dish, but was intrigued when in Malta a few days ago to see a chap picking them from plants by the sea.
    But, was then very impressed when I saw a plant in flower - to the point at which I think the eating of capers, which are the dried and pickled flower buds, should be banned in order that we can see the flowers -

Anyone like to join my campaign?

Haven't captured the flowers as well as I would have liked, but didn't have the macro lens or any time available.... And it was quite windy and exposed.... Feeble excuses, I know.... An actual "caper" shows just below the right hand flower.

50D + 24-105L.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Campaign against Capers??

Certainly are great looking flowers

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Count me in for membership..horrible bleep things.... if God wanted me to eat flower buds he would have given me floppy ears and a fluffy tail....

David
      David

Comment

Gorgeous flowers, who needs tartar sauce anyway :p

Joanne
        To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Count me in... They are a beautiful flower.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Lovely flower horrible taste

Comment

My vote goes for the flower.

Coda
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

On there own I have to agree horrible ,But in tartar sauce with Battered scampi(not breaded) salad and a few chips plus a pint (well you might as well push the boat out) things start to look up for the poor old caper.
                Nice plant though never knew that's were capes come from,

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                X