Petunia's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petunia's

Hi here are some shots of a few petunias from the back garden.
    Exif intact

One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photos out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photos out of focus are a style.
    -Mark-

Re: Petunia's

Mark,

Lovely detail in the flowers, can I suggest cropping #1 and #2 to a square format to remove the mauve petal in the top left hand corner of #1 and in #2 removing the mauve petal on the left and the leaf on the right, IMHO that makes the picture stronger and focuses you 100% on the flower

Comment

Lovely flowers and the exposure looks spot on. Being me, I like my backgrounds to be as unobtrusive as possible so I would probably try and darken the backgrounds a bit more

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
        Mark,

Lovely detail in the flowers, can I suggest cropping #1 and #2 to a square format to remove the mauve petal in the top left hand corner of #1 and in #2 removing the mauve petal on the left and the leaf on the right, IMHO that makes the picture stronger and focuses you 100% on the flower
        Thanks for your comment Ian, i see what you are saying.

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Lovely flowers and the exposure looks spot on. Being me, I like my backgrounds to be as unobtrusive as possible so I would probably try and darken the backgrounds a bit more

Stan
        Stan thanks for your comment, ahhhhh the subject of dark backgrounds some people love or hate them, personally i think there are times when a dark b-ground makes a photo esp in macro photography, i am going to have a play with one of these shots to see how much of a difference it makes.
        Last edited by UK_Mark; 25-05-2011, 19:07.
        One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photos out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photos out of focus are a style.
        -Mark-

Comment

Do like number two, the petals look like velvet.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X