Poppy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poppy?

I took this while at Gunby Hall Gardens. I have been trying to use all manual settings on my camera & the first ones I took came out very blurred but seemed to be exposed correctly, this is one of the later ones I took.

My 40D was set on f/ 5.5 1/160 & ISO 100 at a focal length of 61.0mm using my EF-S17-85mm IS lens.

AI would be grateful of any comments that would help me to improve using manual mode since I'm trying to get mre control.

redgrape

(I have opened an account with Photobucket, & this is my first post using that method of adding an image so hope I've done it right.

Last edited by Redgrape; 17-07-2011, 15:37. Reason: deleted image by mistake

Re: Poppy?

I like that, beautiful colour leaves
    “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
    http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

I second that. its a beautiful image, you even have the little black beetles.

Have you done any post processing? A little contrast and tweak with the saturation and it would really stand out. IMHO.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks DeeGee, I have done a little tweaking to it, levels, saturation, high pass filter to sharpen it a little & then cropped very slightly. I'll have ago at what you say & try to post it.

redgrape

Comment

I've had a go at making those alterations, see below.

This is the original poppy image with no alterations or cropping.
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The reprocessed image is in my opinion much better than the first, lots of detail and colour

Comment

Working...
            X