Nifty Fifty Test Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nifty Fifty Test Shots

Tested the 50mm today and these are the results. All taken at my local vinyard. I think the first one even has a deer tucked in at the bottom, but its hard to see. Im impressed with the lens (no thanks to Photobucket!), so for £60 Im keeping it! Did u know 1 ton of grapes produces 3000 bottles of wine? Anyway-WDTY?

Re: Nifty Fifty Test Shots

Looking pretty good to me!! I bought a 50mm 1.4Fd in Ludlow market - have to get an adaptor for it -will be interested to see how well it works on my 7D! It may or may not be a good impulse buy!

Comment

Lovely colour and they look sharp (uncalibrated monitor) do like my nifty fifty, but don't use it enough. Going away this weekend and taking the camera, may try it out again.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments Di. Im actually having second thought about this lens. The close ups look fine but the two shots of the rows of vines look odd to me. Maybe Im expecting too much and the eyes are wearing out. I already have a 24-105 and it generally produces fine results tho Im finding that processing is affecting my images....see other thread.
        hhcanon

Comment

I prefer to use my nifty fifty in places where I can't use flash such as in museums & where 1.8 lens is better than others. The 1.8 lens produces brilliant images in those special circumstances.It is also a good portrait lens with a crop camera. hhcanon, I quite liked your vineyard shots plus the shots of the fruits.You might like to transfer your post to the category headed "lenses" elsewhere and you are sure to get a better response.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
          X