X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towering lilly pads

Spotted this at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Edinburgh last year

Re: Towering lilly pads

Oh yes...i do like that. If it were mine I would probably crop the top down to the leaf which is folded over, so as to remove the bright top, but thats just me! Im sure others will disagree. A slightly smaller image posting would also alow us to see the complete on screen image. Well done by the way
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
      A slightly smaller image posting would also alow us to see the complete on screen image.
      Thanks for your kind words hhcanon - I will crop the top a bit and re-post it and I do take your point that it would be better if the whole image was visible on the post. But .................... I'm ashamed to admit I don't know how to reduce the image size Any help would be apreciated so that I can do this in future.
      Cheers - Rob

Comment

OK...you used Photobucket (how does he know that I hear you ask) LOL. You also shot it with a 400D / 200th sec / f6.3.
        When u upload to Photo bucket you should be able to save the image. from here open it (double click) and then a there should be a menu allowing you to resize and save changes. I know Photobucket has changed a bit recently, so have a play around. Hope that helps. Some of the other guys here will probably explain better than me!
        Cheers-Rob

Comment

Cropped as suggested and I think it does look better for it so thanks for the suggestion hhcanon. I think I may have worked out how to reduce the image size too - should have spent more time learing how to use Photobucket properly I guess

Comment

Brilliant..well for me anyway. I think the crop has produced a natural frame at the top.
            Well done!
            Now you know what youre doing, you 'could' make it a tad bigger. I know, its not easy.
            I love these type of images (its just the shapes) so you may be surprised to know that a lot of them look good in B/W as well. There you are, Ive got youre creative juices flowing....
            All the best
            Rob

Comment

A lot of them look good in B/W as well.

Indeed they do Rob!

Thanks for your help

Comment

There you go..onwards and upwards LOL

Comment

Just thought...print 2 B/W and one colour mount in one frame and phone IKEA..on your way to a million! ha ha

Comment

Just thought...print 2 B/W and one colour mount in one frame and phone IKEA..on your way to a million! ha ha
                    LOL - I should be so lucky, but thanks again for the encouragement Rob

However if I do get the million from IKEA I'll send you an EOS 1Dx

Comment

Working...
                    X