Nice looking mushroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking mushroom

It`s a shame about the damage to it and it was over a fence so the leaf had to stay

IMG_1762 by ruffdog64, on Flickr

Re: Nice looking mushroom

Love the colour. Is it Edible?
    Cheers
    Treff

Comment

Its a fly agaric which unfortunately is past its best. Had you been able to get over the fence and shot more round to the right and lower it would be better
      Is it Edible?
      only if you want to be ill - its a halucagenic

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Yes, the Fly Agaric - Amanita muscaria. Nice looking, traditional mushroom that's the one usually used in kids' books with an elf sitting on top.
        Certainly hallucinogenic before you suffer its other effects - it's poisonous.....
        Cheers, Chris.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Well spotted, nice colours. I've often wondered what does the damage to them.
          I think the earlier you get up, the more chance you have of finding undamaged ones, I'm not 100% sure of that though.

Certainly hallucinogenic before you suffer its other effects - it's poisonous.....
          If it's birds that are pecking these, will they go on a real badddd trip; then die of poisoning ?

Trev

Comment

Nine times out of ten its slugs that cause the damage, although this week \i witness a roe deer eating some fungi in my garden.
            All too often even if you make a early morning start to photograph fungi the slugs have beaten you to it.
            A tip. Take a walk around in the early evening, try and find some young examples still well closed. Get a plastic drinks bottle cut the bottom off and place over the fungi. This will act as a mini greenhouse and encourage growth, plus keep slugs at bay. Hopefully next morning you will have a perfect specimen -- try it, it works
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hope Glider doesn't mind me adding to his thread -
              These Fly Agarics thrive on acid soils and often under Birch trees, as here -

- and it's quite interesting watching them develop, from tight "lollipops" -

- to their full flat form -

These came from a couple of years back. I went back to the same area the next year better equipped with tripod, flash, reflectors etc, but arrived a couple of days late 'cos they'd been wiped out by frost....

Cheers, Chris.
              Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Nice shot Chris

Comment

Nice shots chris - I always feel that if it shouts out 'eat me' it will kill you.
                  PS Dont want to be picky but did you mean 'Beech'??

Comment

PS Dont want to be picky but did you mean 'Beech'??
                    Nope I think he meant Birch as on The Common near my house they are found near Silver Birch.

David
                    David

Comment

Did mean birch not beech - I have birches at the end of my garden and each year they produce a couple (not the ones in my photos). Don't recall seeing them under beech. In the first of my shots you can see fallen birch leaves and the trunks of young birches.
                      Cheers, Chris.
                      Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Working...
                      X