A Bug's Life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bug's Life...

I took this shot on my 60D with a 17-85 IS USM on manual control set at 85mm with 1/15 f18, and ISO125. I used the natural light coming through the window giving back illumination. I have cropped the image to bring out the detail, the original image below.

MACRO-greenfly.jpg

MACRO-12-04-13-1588.jpg
    Last edited by tombennett; 12-04-2013, 13:53.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: A Bug's Life...

You have a nice infestation there Tom

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking I could borrow simac67's giant ladybird to come and eat them, I need to spray them with washing-up liquid. They're all going out in the garden tomorrow.

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

Aphids....not good, but a good image Tom.

Tom

Comment

Cool cheers guys, I took onboard muscat's comment on placing subjects within a context. There was a downpour followed by some really nice sunshine, I was setup to take shots of rain on my garden table albeit through the window and these little fellows were all over my chives. They've been sprayed with fairy liquid now and fast dropping, nevertheless there are always more waiting to take their fallen comrades place!

It makes me itch every time I look at it.

Comment

I've just noticed, I forgot to metion the +10 close-ip lens screwed on the end.

Comment

Working...
            X