See-through butterfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See-through butterfly

This delicate little butterfly was photographed at Chester Zoo with my 450D and nifty-fifty. There are some gorgeous butterflies in their butterfly exhibit.

Deva
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: See-through butterfly

Nice butterfly but I would suggest loosing some of the empty space around it to make it larger in the image. The nofty-fifty lens is a great little performer

Comment

I think its a clearwing,or glasswing i would also tone down the white patches.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Yes it is a glasswing. The composition is a bit too central and as said lots of empty space but that can easily be fixed with a crop and then tone down the white patches that remain

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Deva
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Working...
          X