My Next Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Next Project

Every now and then I like to set myself a project and a walk on Mudeford Quay on Christmas Day has decided my next.

I spotted a Kingfisher darting about around the Lifeboat Station and not having seen one there before decided it was time to try for a shot or too. Trouble was that everyone and their dog(s) had decided it was a good place for a pre-christmas dinner amble so it never got the chance to settle anywhere.

Anyway, I've decided that this is my next project, to get a decent shot of this pretty little bird by the seaside

I am starting from a pretty low position as this was the best I managed on Saturday, heavily cropped and much processed - I must be able to do better! :tongue:

My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Re: My Next Project

I have been told if you place braches in good positions in the bank where there is slow moving water they will use them

Comment

good advice which I have seen used to great effect. (Not so helpful here though as its a busy coastal harbour quaysiide location)
      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

had a similar thought too Oldcanon. There is a lot of bird life around us here in deepest Essex too (feathered rather than skirt veriety!), and really want to see if I can capture some of it.
        will look forward with great interest to see how you get on with your challenge. I have no doubt you will pull it off too!
        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
        X