Fanes Valley, Dolomites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanes Valley, Dolomites

EOS 5DMKII + EF24-105mm + Polarizer : 7 images taken hand held on 8th September @ 17:02.

Fanes - Dolomites by anderson.council, on Flickr

Another one from our recent trip to the Dolomites. This was taken near the end of our first day in the Fanes-Sennes National Park and is between Lago di Limo and the ridge overlooking Rifugio Fanes (which is just hidden from view in front).

Cheers
    Scott
    Last edited by anderson.council; 13-10-2012, 09:25. Reason: Update shooting information
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: Fanes Valley, Dolomites

Comment

Fanes Valley, Dolomites

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

I have recently bought both Lightroom and PSE and I've created another version of this panorama (from the same original image files) but with some sympathetic raw processing which brings out the famous pinky-red colouring in the rock of that area. I think it is an improvement but keen to hear your comments.

Scott

Fanes Valley - Dolomites by anderson.council, on Flickr
          Last edited by anderson.council; 28-09-2013, 09:07.
          Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Both well stitched panoramas but the processing on the second has brought out the colours and detail much better. A minor downside is that you can now see 3 blobs in the sky on the left side of the shot - sensor dust ?

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan - yes I saw that (after I posted of course). Back to RAW and see if I can clean them up.

Edit. Hmm I think they must have been spots on the polarizer. This is one of those times when the uniform blue of the sky that day is against me because my repairs are resulting in a blotchy sky. Any advice on how to fix this would be really appreciated ? Still got my L plates on in Lightroom and PSE.

BTW the tiny white dot upper left is not a blemish - it's a parascender that I never even knew was there before today.
              Last edited by anderson.council; 28-09-2013, 15:03.
              Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Very nice
                ef-r

Comment

Any advice on how to fix this would be really appreciated ? Still got my L plates on in Lightroom and PSE.
                  you should be able to fix it in PSE either with the clone stamp or healing brush tool

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

This is well worth a read (as is the whole site if you use PSE):

John

Comment

Hi Scott;

The re-edit (notwithstanding the blobs!) is a huge improvement on the original. Well done...

Cheers;

Lee
                      Cheers;
                      Lee
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks Stan, Dr Jon and Lee. Dr Jon your link looks like a good PSE for dummies type guide which is great for me as I've just recently got a copy of this. In fact it is now upgraded to v12 compliments of Adobe (see thread in the Sofware section) because I bought very close to release of new version.

First job for it will be later today.

Scott
                        Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X