Avon Gorge from the viewing point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avon Gorge from the viewing point

We were at the Bristol Kite Festival today and before turning my attention to the kites, I wandered over to the viewing point which overlooks the Avon Gorge. Not the best day weather-wise for a panorama, but I had a go anyway.

There are fairly high railings at the viewing point (not surprising) and I had to clamber up the low wall they are mounted on and support the camera on the monopod on the other side of the railings - not the most comfortable position to take photos in.

If you look at the magnified Flickr image, you can just see Brunel's bridge at the far end of the left hand stretch of the river.

5DJL3247-Pano-1 by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Avon Gorge from the viewing point

well done on going the extra mile to get the photo - I like the shot but its a real shame you've clipped the bottom
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      its a real shame you've clipped the bottom
      Thanks for looking Ian - yea I acknowledge the shortfall there - part of it is cropping by the stitching process, but I should have taken the 16-35 as well as the 24-105. Tilting the view downwards to get the rest of the river in would have meant too much land versus sky, so I had to compromise.
      John Liddle

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
        . Tilting the view downwards to get the rest of the river in would have meant too much land versus sky, so I had to compromise.
        yeah I guessed that - still nice shot
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          well done on going the extra mile to get the photo - I like the shot but its a real shame you've clipped the bottom
          Agree with Ian

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom - I shall have to go back another time with the wider lens and see what can be done to get a more complete image.
            John Liddle

Comment

Working...
            X