Thank heavens for little girls- they quickly grow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank heavens for little girls- they quickly grow up

Today, I was privilaged to be present and take some pics at the ordination of Elaine- a "little girl" I knew in Cardiff,lost touch and was re-united last year when she was ordained a Deacon. Today she was ordained a Priest, and will be attached to St.Asaph Cathedral for the time being. The ones outside were taken with Canon 60D + 24-105mm at TV200,ISO 200 AV auto. It must be noted that an ordination is also a legal matter and hence the presence of a legal person is important. We have of course our own District Judge who can be seen with the Wig.

(i) With the Bishop of St.Asaph

(ii) With the Cathedral Choir + the Dean of St.Asaph + District Judge.

(iii) The Cathedral choir

Last edited by Nathaniel; 30-06-2013, 09:30.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Thank heavens for little girls- they quickly grow up

Very nice set Nat and so nice the you two reunited

Tom

Comment

Nice set Nat, and it's good to hear of your reunion with someone you knew some time ago. You've caught their happiness well, so they must be comfortable with you taking the shots!

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Great set Nat and great info.
        It is good to see old friends after so many years.

Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Many thanks Tom,Mike and Stephen for taking time to look-perhaps at pics not in the usual realm of things. I am of course delighted with whatever PLEASANT surprises life throws up at me. I am hoping to attend and take pics ,this evening (30th June) at Elaine's First Communion service she is allowed to take.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nice set Nat, and a lovely story to go with them. Can I suggest that in #1 you lighten the shadows a bit. Elaine's hair is rather lost in that dark oak door. Have a play & see what you think.
            Russell
            Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Nice set of images Nat I hope all goes well at the first service
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Russell & Peter. Yes, I will lighten the background so that Elaine's hair is not lost in that shadow. I intend giving her a full set.
                Peter, the first service was well attended & I took a few more pics to complete Elaine's special day. She has always been a happy and mischievous girl and I am glad to note that she radiates happiness with her warm smile. You will be happy to note that her family,originally,came from Yorkshire!!!

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Lovely set Nathanial, nicely shows off the 60D. It's nice to reacquaint one's self with old friends, when in quarantine I had visits from three old friends who I haven't seen for thirty years.

TomB.
                    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
                    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Thanks Tom. Yes, the 60d is an excellent camera and I am very pleased with it. To get reaquainted with old friends is a very nice experience, esp when they have changed so much and become more mature! I hope you are now on the mend since your operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                        You will be happy to note that her family,originally,came from Yorkshire!!!
                        All good things come from Yorkshire

Good set Nat, I'd be tempted to clone that small yellow sign, mid left on the second.
                        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les. I forgot the small yellow sign. I will re-jig most of my pics before I print them out and give the same to the people concerned.

Comment

Working...
                          X