5D Mk III out on the street. First impressions GOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5D Mk III out on the street. First impressions GOOD

Some good pics Paul to start off your new camera with.

Looks like the chap in picture 5 spotted you as you were taking the picture and he has that "hmmm he taking a pic of me" menacing look about him...
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Unfortunately Andy, Glasgow's tolerance for street photography is quite thin. Not a lot of folk like their photos getting taken. I think it stems from early days of the 'fraud squad' following folk about in the 80's and 90's gathering evidence of folk working when they shouldn't have been lol.

I must get about 5-6 comments everytime I'm out. "You workin for the social mate?" Roughly translated means Do you work for the dept of the Department for Work and Pensions? I can't say that i did work there for 5 years that wouldn't go down well lol.

Candid shots are quite rare, and great when you get them. I know a few great street photogs. Colin Templeton, Leanne Boulton and Ashley Baxter who can do it with ease and some even get model releases signed lol. not quite there yet but I just like to get out with the camera and keep the joints oiled no mater the subject.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Great first blood Paul.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Those are great paul, #3 is fantastic, but they are all good

I am so jealous! - first Andy A now you lol

I know everyone keeps saying that the lens is far more important than the camera, and sure I have seen some great shots taken with some really cheap entry level bodies with a good lens - but it is virtually impossible to get that second shot with a 600d

I keep looking at the 6D (as I don't need that kind of focussing ability for portraits) but I cannot help thinking it is a poorly specified camera for the money (and compared with the other side's offering) and I just know that I would kick myself for not saving up the extra for a 5Dmk111

Enjoy! - I'll get there as soon as funds allow lol

Ian
          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Excellent pictures Paul. I"m looking forward to seeing a lot more.
            Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

I cannot believe how good this camera is. It's light, easy to carry around easily all day with a big lens on it. It's rapid on the AF dept. A few ducks flew over my head and I snapped to focus and took the shot in One Shot focus. Sure it was far away but it responded so well. Compositionally it's the perfect camera for Glasgow too. Everything just fits in now lol, with no crazy distortion.

Colour replication and the way you can deal with the files is just superb too. Should have got one a long time ago.
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
              X