Clear All

Mexican Dancers

Street photography

Mexican Dancers by Raj Jayaraj Photography, on Flickr

Raj
    Raj
    Flickr

Re: Mexican Dancers

Love the way the left hand side dancer is looking and thinking "why is she in colour"?... Nice one Raj.
    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Nicely done!
      Andrew

Comment

Love the color popping you have done Raj

Tom

Comment

The colour popping is quite nice raj but I would have like all the girls to be in their vibrant colours. MHO!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            The colour popping is quite nice raj but I would have like all the girls to be in their vibrant colours. MHO!
            I'm with Nat on this Raj, but I'm also not a great fan of selective colour - nice photo though, just not the PP for me
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I would keep it all in colour too

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

The dancer on the right is heavily OOF, so I can see why you're concentrating on the central dancer... how about cropping off the two dancers on the right, I think that would yield a better image with better balance with the popped focus being on the third rather than the centre ????? Just a thought...

Cheers;

Lee
                Cheers;
                Lee
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, i want to try a cinematic effect with the viewer eyes more on the heroin than the rest hence this effect, I used f2.8 and shot with 70-200mm lens and hence so much of OOF.
                  Raj
                  Flickr

Comment

Nice work Raj.

Bill.
                    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill
                      Raj
                      Flickr

Comment

Raj, I can see what you were trying to do, and you've executed it excellently; in fact you've done a really great job in selecting your main subject.
                        A couple of other options if I may:
                        There's a bit of wasted space on the right, how about cropping to the lady at the back's left elbow? Yes you'll lose some of the foreground billowing skirt, but this would mirror the left hand side and take the main subject slightly off-centre looking in which may be stronger. My other thought is to not do a full mono on the colour pop, perhaps just desaturate the other dancers a little to make the central one stand out, but you still get the flavour of all five colours, then desaturate the actual background a little more rather than full on mono.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Nice image Raj, I agree with Alex's suggested crop and desaturated image rather than the colour pop which for me doesn't work. I would also consider using an off centre vignette to further enhance your main subject.

Comment

Thanks Alex and Muscat for you suggestion, will have a go.
                            Raj
                            Flickr

Comment

Well captured Raj, the previous replies have given some good suggestions on further processing.
                              Peter

Feel free to browse my
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                              X