Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never mind the width, feel the quality dear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind the width, feel the quality dear.

Confess I thought this as soon as I saw what was happening. Had someone stood in front of them and prayed that they'd still be discussing the coat when the person moved.

Never mind the width, feel the quality, dear. by DeeGee1966, on Flickr

ƒ/4.0
    70.0 mm
    1/400
    Flash (off, did not fire)
    Poormans 2.8

I've come to the conclusion that the next time I go to anything like this, I'm going to be cheeky and ask if people would mind posing shots that I've missed because people where in the way. I'm still kicking myself over more than a couple of shots that I could have took, but missed. But then, maybe we're not supposed to always get what we want.

Ps, Have I titled it right?
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Never mind the width, feel the quality dear.

love the photo, love the content , the B&W works well, but its a tad too strong as the effect of being OOF on the feet doesn't look right, in fact the lady in the middle looks like shes floating

I'm going to be cheeky and ask if people would mind posing shots
    but don't you think this spoils them also ? I love natural looking street photos and this is right up there with them
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Tigger for the feedback.. do you know I've just been looking at this thinking the feet need work.... now thinking about painting in the fore ground a little with a soft edge brush at 50% transparency... when I can see straight (tired at the mo) I'm definitely going to have another shot at doing this one.

Watch this space.

And yes.. on the couple of occasions that I asked someone to pose, I got the bright grin, deer in the headlights look. :smile
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Its a lovely picture Di.

I have to say when I first looked and when I zoom in, it actually looks like the one on the right is scratching the back of the head of a small puppy dog, and you can see a nose and two little eyes peering out and its left ear...I must be going mad.
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
        [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Nice titlle- well chosen! A good cameo photo, very sharp and tells a story without words.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Good shot and very nice conversion.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nicely Done Di

Tom

Comment

Reworked on the feet area. Hope that this looks better and they're not hovering above the ground.
                Never mind the width, feel the quality dear. by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
                Di's Flickr

Comment

looking good here - very nice Di
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                  X