Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing for compliments

Fisherman by Greg Smith, on Flickr
    Last edited by gregsmith; 22-07-2015, 15:39.
    Greg Smith
    EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
    My Picasa Albums
    My flickr Albums

Re: Fishing for compliments

Sorry Greg for being negative. This is not working for me. The only bit that is sharp is the rock on which the fisherman is standing on. What setting are you using?
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Looks sharper on Flickr so I think its is an upload issue. You've done well Greg as the conditions don't look favourable!
      Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        Sorry Greg for being negative. This is not working for me. The only bit that is sharp is the rock on which the fisherman is standing on. What setting are you using?
        Nat, I'm not sure what you mean. It all looks as sharp as any other part, to me. Is it your monitor or your computer?
        Greg Smith
        My Picasa Albums
        My flickr Albums

Comment

quite an interesting shot - I would have cropped it to loose the plastic bag and shadows need a boost especially the guy

As for being sharp looks OK to me
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Did the man catch something? A big white shark ... ;-)
            With kind regards,
            Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

It looks reasonably sharp but the fisherman is in shadow and the whole image looks a bit flat. Add a bit of contrast and brighten the shadows would improve but even then its just a guy standing there with a fishing rod - now if he were struggling with a catch, then that would be a different matter

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by gregsmith View Post
                Nat, I'm not sure what you mean. It all looks as sharp as any other part, to me. Is it your monitor or your computer?
                It could be an upload issue or the fisherman being in the shadow that is putting me off.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I never knew Eamon Holmes was into fishing

Definitely needs a lift as suggested by Stan. Interesting composition though.
                  Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks for your comments, everyone. I just saw him standing there as I was exploring the harbour area, somewhere on Teneriffe, and thought it might make an interesting shot. I've done no post-processing on it whatsoever but I'll have a go at improving it, since you all seem to like it.
                    Greg Smith
                    My Picasa Albums
                    My flickr Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      quite an interesting shot - I would have cropped it to loose the plastic bag and shadows need a boost especially the guy

As for being sharp looks OK to me
                      Agree with Ian's assessment

Tom

Comment

All been said really but well worth shooting.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X