Count your blessings for democracy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count your blessings for democracy!

We do grumble and find fault with what is going on in this country (Gt.Britain); but spare a thougt for those living in countries where there is NO freedom of speech, no religious tolerance, no "nothing". Today,Rogation Sunday, I had the privilage of meeting the Archbishop of Burma & his wife who is enjoying British freedom by worshipping at St.Asaph Cathedral, along with the Bishop of St.Asaph. He told us about worshipping in secret places in Burma with ears open for the sound of bullets,army personnel coming to arrest Christians!!! All photos taken without flash with the 60d + 24-105f4L lens

(a) The Archbishop of Burma

(b)The two Prelates clebrating Mass @ St.Asaph Cathedral

(c) Processing out after Mass

(d) The two Prelates
    (i)

(ii)

(e) The Archbishop of Burma & his wife
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 13-05-2012, 19:09.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Count your blessings for democracy!

Nice images of a really special occasion Nat. agree with your opening sentiments.

Ray

Comment

Nice pics Nat. Yes I do count my blessings, but democracy these days is a very subjective topic.

Comment

Thanks Stephen,Ray & hhcanon for your comments. My personal view of democracy is the "freedom to express our reasonable" views without fear of being shot at or being arrested and dumped into prison;freedom of conscience,freedom of worship for all religions etc.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
        X