Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Daughters Wedding Part 2

Hi All,

I have waited about a Month before posting more of my images from my Daughters Wedding, trying not to be a bore!!!

Regards Paul
    Last edited by pelliott1954; 25-09-2012, 18:26.

Re: My Daughters Wedding Part 2

They truly look, very professional in my opinion! She should be more than pleased.

Papa.

Comment

Good ones Paul
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Very nice Paul.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Papa, Stephen and Tom for your kind comments,

Laurie was not at all keen doing the Formal shots and I think you can see on the one with her with the Bridesmaids behind her that she looks a bit uncomfortable, so I was under instruction to try and capture the day with a lot of Candids.

Thanks again

Regards Paul

Comment

I bet she's tickled pink.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

They are great Paul and I reckon they would put many a professional to shame

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks Di and Stan,

I now have a printing job to do!!!

Regards Paul

Comment

The nice thing about the images is the subjects all look relaxed, a nice natural look. Nice work

John

Comment

Hi Paul

Good experince for you and nice pics for them, a win win situation.

Trev

Comment

Thanks John and Trev,

You are right Trev, it certainly was a learning experience!!!

One of the biggest problems I had, (apart from forgetting to change settings) was getting people together for the group shots, they just don't listen!!!

Regards Paul
                      Last edited by pelliott1954; 25-01-2013, 22:37.

Comment

I echo many of the comments here Paul, they are very good and she should be proud of them in their own right and especially so that her dad took them. How many Brides can say that?

On the subject of group photo's, I should have offered more advice previously. As soon as everyone is outside, explain to them that you want them all into the group shot and then take away the ones you don't need, until you just end up with the bride and groom. That way, half of them haven't wandered off and you are not wasting time looking for them. Probably the reverse of what most wedding Togs do, but it is easier and more time efficient.

Also for confetti, most people just randomly throw it when they fancy and they throw it at the couple. Therefore explain that we will have much more fun all throwing the confetti together, but get them to throw it up in the air above the couple from both sides and then it looks like a snow storm of confetti.

Any major instructions like that I normally preface with: "the bride and groom have requested........". Psychologically, they wouldn't be too bothered about not complying with the photographer, but none of them would willingly disobey the bride on her big day ............ Hmmm, there was that one wedding though .............. never mind, a story for another day.

Colin
                        Colin

Comment

Paul, you "secret professional"!!!! Very well done. Lovely relaxed photos of the couple & bridesmaids. You should be very satisfied with your efforts and the couple should be over the moon with the pics. Many thanks for sharing!

Nat
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Colin and Nat,

Good advice Colin, I should have done exactly what you suggested above, sadly I did exactly the opposite and started with the B&G and added people, so I got to a situation of "where is Uncle Harry"..... "He is in the Bar", comes the answer, so it became a bit difficult to say the least!!!.

I did however manage to get them all to throw the Confetti on my shout, so that sort of went ok.

More wedding tog experience needed,.......but I'm not sure I want it??

Just one more to get Married now!!!! Who knows when, Watch this space!!

Thanks to all who have been patient enough to comment on both the postings of my Daughters Wedding.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X