Street photography: Oxford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street photography: Oxford

I took some photos recently in a street of Oxford. Your comments and suggestions are welcome

Thanks for visiting
    Jay
    (These photos are in its original size in my Flickr page :) )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeyaganesh; 18-02-2010, 14:15.
    Flickr Photostream People's Favorite set

Re: Street photography: Oxford

Welcome to the forum Jay,

Nice to see some street photography on here, checked out your Flickr some good stuff - enjoyable to view.

Milllie

Comment

Good to see some street photos. Very nice and relaxing. Thats what life should be about.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Like number 1 and 3. not sure about number 2. I can't explain what it is about number 2 but somehow it does not work for me...
        EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

My two cents;

#1 ; IMO would have been better if you had moved to the right a tad to remove more of the 'clutter' in the BG and use more of the wall...

#2 ; Like Ian, can't put any particular reason forward, but just doesn't do it for me...

#3 ; I like... I like 'character faces', but... IMO would be better cropped down to lose the top 'wasted space' and perhaps crop down the shoulder line to balance out the aspect ratio! IMO that would better enable the viewer to concentrate on the subject...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
          X