Back in time at Beamish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in time at Beamish

The staff at Beamish museum really look the part and are very approachable for photographs. I asked these two ladies if I could take their photos and they readily agreed. They are actually there to answer questions about the buildings they are in and there were plenty of people about asking them. As well as it being polite to ask their permission I found that got the attention of other visitors and they moved out of the way for me.

Re: Back in time at Beamish

Hi Rover
    A couple of nice shots. The second looks a bit too "posed". The first is much more natural and she is doing something

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Re: Back in time at Beamish

Thanks for looking Stan. I know what you mean about the pose. This lady was rather more self-conscious compared to the first one and wasn't demonstrating anything. I rather suspect that as she was in a shop she was there to watch out for shoplifters as much as anything. I did try to get shots of her talking to people but they weren't so good (I find mouths moving in speech and frozen in time can look quite grotesque). Here's another where her attention had wandered but might have a less 'posed' feel to it.

Comment

Working...
      X