Torchlit candids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchlit candids

Just sharing some images from the weekend.

Exif intact
    All 40D Manual 1/80 F2.8 ISO 800 direct flash no diffuser -1 negative flash compensation.

Girl

Older Lad

Group

Trev

Re: Torchlit candids

Thought they'd stopped burning people on the stake a long time ago,feel sorry for the old lad does he not know what's coming
    Paul.
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Great set of pictures..#2 my favorite

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Agree with Coda, #2 gets my vote

David
        David

Comment

The look on girlie's face in #1 says she has you numbered

As others, of course, for pure character, #2 gets my vote...

What was the event / occassion ?
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks Paul, Coda, David & Canon fodder.
            What was the event / occassion ?
            In Sussex all the bonfire societies get together, dress up, and attend each other's parades. This is the Eastbourne Parade.
            The orange lights in the background is Eastbourne Pier.
            Apparently Hastings ans Robertsbridge are very good with Lewes being the daddy of all parades :-)
            I have a set of about 40 fairly strong snaps of this event, I most enjoyable, but had to check my eyebrows weren't burnt off when I got back. :-)

Trev

Comment

pirate Style 1

pirate Style 2

OOF Crowd with sharper central character

Bloke dressed as braveheart

Trev

Comment

Hi Trevor
                Looks like a brilliant night with some great photo opportunity's
                Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Hi Paul, It was a feast of photo ops. :-)
                  I like to capture the lighter side of life, people having fun is my main photographic interest.
                  There was even a decent fireworks display after the parade, I decided in advance not to snap the fireworks.
                  Partly cos I've snapped fireworks there before, and partly because I didn't want to get lumbered with a tripod. :-)

Trev

Comment

Yep i think you did right you've captured the event very well.
                    I'm still drawn to the #1 of the girl i like the way she's looking at me nobody else just me.she could light my fire any time.LOL
                    Paul

Comment

These are great, must of been a hoot to take.
                      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Trev, lovely set of pics. Thanks for posting them. Is the Exif same for all the pics? What lens did you use?
                        Last edited by Nathaniel; 20-10-2010, 09:27.
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks again for the kind comments,
                          I'm still drawn to the #1 of the girl i like the way she's looking at me nobody else just me.she could light my fire any time.LOL
                          I like to get a mix of shots, anyone who stands out
                          must of been a hoot to take.
                          It was fun Les, health and safety blocked off the bottom prom, I was able to get clear shots of the procession with no-one in the way. I thought I’d chosen a great position, then I changed my mind mid parade so I ended up having to jog about 600 yards pretty close to the flames, lesson learned

Is the Exif same for all the pics? What lens did you use?
                          Nathaniel, all shots have the same exif. Manual F2.8 1/80 ISO 800 580ex Flash ettl +2/3

The lens was 24-70 2.8. It was focusing very fast and accurately in these conditions any mis-focusing is down to user error.
                          Never saw the flash assist grid once !

Trev

Comment

Really like the 2nd pic, it looks like one of the Royal Doulton 'Toby Jug' characters.

Comment

Working...
                            X