informal wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

informal wedding

Sanpped an informal wedding on the 14th Feb 2011 - here are 3 shots processed for facebook.
    I have much to learn, just getting into this area of photography !

Bride in car

Bride with nephew

Guest hanging around

These aren't the finished product, so any advice on PP welcome
    Trev

Added - I'm guessing no-one likes these, I have swapped out the second for a colour snap :-)
    Last edited by Trevoreast; 17-02-2011, 13:08. Reason: adding picture

Re: informal wedding

50 odd, views no replies - must post these somewhere else :-) was hoping for some feedback.

Trev

Comment

Trev, I did look but as I have no real experience I didn't feel confident to proffer advice, if you want general coments then I am happy to provide that.

Comment

Hi Trev
        Image #2 looks a bit formal/standard type image,Yet #1 & #3 Look so much more interesting with #3 been my fav,looks like he should be a rock star,the whole compassion works well for me.
        Like Muscat i don't know to much about Portraits,But would be very happy if i were to capture images like #1 & #3.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Definately 1 & 3 for me, they look far more relaxed especially the rock dude!

Joanne
          To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I had a only few minutes to try to get formal shots, would have liked more.
            They didn't want that type of coverage, in fact the groom was a bit concerned about any disruption caused by photography. :-)

These 2 informal shot - loads still to process :-(

Walking in town - I was ahead of them papping with my 70-200 :-)

Groom chatting in Pub pre-ceremony - 70-200 @ 200mm, does this work ?

Trev

Comment

Trev, the last set look great for interest to me, the only comment I have (and it may well be the monitor I am using at the moment) the images look as if they could do with a little more contrast or levels to give them a bit more 'punch' they look a little flat to me. I do like the B&W presentation, as it for me at least, makes them different from the normal run of the mill wedding photos.

Comment

Now your talking Trev, I LOVE #1.... really fab shot.
                To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Was there a wedding photographer or was you asked?If I have to shoot a wedding I do the boring stuff by posing and formal shots and my friend acts as a second camera and takes the candid shots...put together they make a great record of the day.Your candid shots are great .As long as the happy couple are happy with them thats all that counts.

Coda
                  There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Now your talking Trev, I LOVE #1.... really fab shot.
                    Thx Joanne, they had a 3 minute walk to the reception through town, shot candidly as they walked.
                    Coda I was the only photographer I had an assistant, I don't know if the B&G will like these. It's important to me that I like them too. :-)

I took formal shots in the registry office, I'm not that worried about them as they look OK

Muscat I will look at re-PP ing thanks

At 120mm with the 70-200 2.8 wide open, 1/500 - ISO 100

Trev

Comment

Image 3 without a doubt is my favourite and as a novice I'd be very happy with the rest !!
                      Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

Trev, the last shot looks much better to me for brightness and contrast, I like the candid set.

Comment

Hello Trev

I love that first shot of the bride in the back of the car and the informal walk throught town. Nought wrong with any of the others, those were just may favourites.

Colin
                          Colin

Comment

The second & third sets seem to work better for me, they are more informal and as such the relaxed attidude gives the images more life & interest, my is favourite when you are walking ahead of the group, nice image, contrast not too much of a problem for me.

Ray

Comment

Trev.

The walk through town is something that you have caught really well and I think will be a talking point of the wedding for some years to come.

Like the reportage style and the black and white.

Di.
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X