Jake2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake2

The not so moody Jake - the one I like the best!

[/url][/IMG]
    To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Re: Jake2

Is this on camera flash? Bouncing the flash would have helped a little - Although it's nice.
    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

you certainly have the eye for a portrait, although I do see what Jim means, as the light on this is all to the fore and makes the subject a little flat to me. still a very nice pic though.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Joanne,

IMHO a touch more contrast is all this needs - I hope you dont mind but I just took a copy, added come contrast and sharpened it just to illustrate the point. Raising the contrast reduces the flatness of a picture when then are varying constrast area - which this one has. With only an onboard flash you have done a very good job

I will delete the photo if you wish

Last edited by briansquibb; 26-02-2011, 12:02.
        ef-r

Comment

Don't you dare delete it - I love it, thanks for the info and the masterclass - this is what's so great about this forum, I have lots of tutors who can help me get the best out of my camera and the finishing touches that make the difference.
          This photo will be printed and have pride of place on my sideboard.

Thanks Joanne x
          To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Working...
          X