Soaring above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soaring above

Comments on this pic would be most welcome.

Soaring above by treff, on Flickr

Re: Soaring above

Treff, I like the concept and idea but believe there is a lot more to come from this image.

I don't know what you process the files with but I mainly use Lightroom and I believe that if you were to increase the clarity quite a bit, slightly darken the shadow slider in the tones curve section by say -10 and increse the lights slider say +10-15 you will see the light that streams down from the side really start to pop, the whites will become whiter without burning out which I feel helps this a lot. I would also reduce the vignetting on the top corners as I feel this is just a little too dark.

Don't take my comments as negative I feel you have a picture that wants to get out and needs a little help.

Comment

Hi Muscat, thanks for the tips on LR which I do use but I have never used the tone curves so learned something new. Thanks for that. I PP this pic right after I did the three sisters one and I think I was still in Black Sabbath mode LOL.
      Thanks again, must read more of the Scott Kelby book. Thanks also to all for looking.
      Cheers
      Treff

Comment

I like the restrained colour pallette. Beautiful blue.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X