Push the Bubble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push the Bubble.

I thought this was quite interesting where the bubble was deformed by the drop, but didn't break. Also lots of colour left in the bubble, normally the colour disappears quite quickly, so to take advantage of that, I enhanced it ................. I am not in the mood to be subtle today!

Colin

Re: Push the Bubble.

Nice bright colors Colin , Love these images you are all producing. You all should get together & open a gallery for these images as that are all that good.

Tom

Comment

Excellent Colin - its like combining the bubble shots I did a few weeks back ( with the multi colours) and the water drops.

Just wonder waht makes the bubble form - it is an actual bubble or the end of a normal collision

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Wow that's a beauty Colin
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Very nice Colin, I was experimenting to try and get more colour into the bubbles i was using and found that if I cheated and added a little red food dye to the bubble mix I got a more vivid colour, still very much work in progress on my part.

Comment

still very much work in progress on my part.
            Bubbles can be quite infuriating.
            Colin

Comment

Really like the colour that you've got in the bubble.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Great image Colin! I've not tried bubbles at all (yet), is it just a case of adding some detergent to the catch-tank and a whole lot of luck, or is there a lot more to them than meets the eye?
                Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

is it just a case of adding some detergent to the catch-tank
                  I have tried various ways Steve, including mixing my own bubble mixture from various recipes on the net and Stan supplied me with his recipe, but nothing worked nearly as well as off the shelf children's bubbles.

I couldn't get anything to work spontaneously in the catch tank, so just blow them in the normal way and as they land on the water in the catch tank, they reform from a ball to a dome (or pop). Manoeuvre it into roughly the right position (without popping it) and set some drops into it. If all of that wasn't hard enough, you are looking for the first drop to go through the bubble (without popping it), form the tendril inside the bubble, then the second drop break through the bubble (without popping it) to make the collision inside the bubble.

Or, you could take up landscape photography.
                  Colin

Comment

Great image Colin. Well worth the effort

I'm going to have to attempt this soon
                    Chris
                    Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

I'm going to have to attempt this soon
                      It's all part of the compulsion.
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                        Or, you could take up landscape photography.
                        ...where you have uncontrollable ramblers to contend with, immovable pylons, imperfect weather, thoughtlessly discarded litter, disgruntled livestock, farmers selfishly going about their business, and all manner of other aspects which are completely beyond your control ;-)

It's the satisfaction of overcoming the (almost) overwhelming obstacles to obtain the unobtainable which makes it all worthwhile, and bubble taming falls into that category!
                        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Colin do you add any glycerine and or colouring to the childrens bubble mix?

I have added a little of both to my childrens bubble mix and find that the bubbles last longer and have just that little bit of extra colour in them. The trouble I had was that the triggers failed just as I had got it right and I am hoping that the new set will arrive today so I can play again,

Comment

Colin do you add any glycerine and or colouring to the childrens bubble mix?
                            No .... do tell me more! How much? What ratios?

I would love to be able to mix my own. I know it is only 3 ingredients: Detergent, Glycerine and water. What are the best ratios? I am using Fairy washing up liquid, is there a more suitable one? Most of the recipes on the net quote American products that aren't available this side of the pond, but it works very well. I have seen video's where with a couple of sticks and some string, 3 year olds are making 6 foot bubbles, so there must be a good recipe available with ingredients available from my local supermarket.
                            Colin

Comment

Colin,

I simply added 1 teaspoonfull of glycerine to a small bottle of children's party bubble mix as supplied by tesco for myexperiments and I found the bubbles to be much better.

Having said that my wife runs a guide pack and when they went on camp they made the bubble mixture that the guides used with sticks and strings to produce the 6ft bubbles, she has the 'recipe' in her guides shed and will dig it out for me later today so when I get the details I will post them for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X