Your computer is watching you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your computer is watching you

I had this idea about the computer looking out from inside the monitor at the user, so here's my first effort. WDYT

Alistair

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Your computer is watching you

Alastair,
    Interesting little task you've set yourself...
    For what it is worth, from the title, my first thought on seeing this was that the figure I can see was the computer looking out at me. Which seemed kind of fun, particularly as the 'computer' was using a pen to (presumably) write stuff down about me. But then I noticed the back to front screen and I get it properly now; the image is you being 'looked at' by the computer. Which, to be fair, is what you say in your explanation.
    So I suppose what I don't get is why you are sitting at your computer using a pen, when surely a mouse would be more appropriate. If I saw this without your intro I would probably just think it was the user in a reflection, wouldn't notice the mirrored screen and would move on. I think you need something on the 'inside' of the computer to make the point and to give it some depth. Don't know what though. Anyway, I say all that to say that I'm sure there's a fascinating image out there somewhere, though not sure it is quite there yet...
    Please take the above as positive and constructive.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Alex - it's not a pen for writing, it's the 'pen' or stylus used with a Wacom tablet. I thought that was easier than trying to get a mouse in shot.

Comment

To make it more interesting, since you are using a Wacom tablet, you should have a image opened in Photoshop that you are working on.

Tom

Comment

Alistair, I did wonder if it was some such, but I reckon your average guy in t'street will see it as a pen too. I did think that it would be difficult to show a mouse, though.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
          X