Angel of the north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel of the north

I took the angel on a very dull day...so I added the moon and stars...what do you think?

There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Re: Angel of the north

Quite stunning, almost art deco.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

A photograph should not "LIE". So the old adage is no longer true?
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Yeah, it's artistic. Has to be the only image I've ever seen of that rusty structure that's of real interest!

Well done.
        The Image Plane
        Snapshots of Anything

Comment

I like the font you've used for "angel of the north" at the bottom, however I think it's a bit too big.

Comment

For an Art Deco image it ticks all my boxes.
            David

Comment

Cleverly done, I like it.
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I have come back to this picture again and I like it even more than the first time I saw it. Many shots with the "Wow" effect are just that and don't stand the test of time, but this one certainly does.

I generally don't like borders. The statue is a pile of rust dumped on a hill and looks nothing like an angel. But the thought and skill that has gone into this shot, with the right border and the overall Art Deco feel, has transformed quite a mediocre subject into a piece of art.

Two Myths abolished with one picture:
                • The camera never lies.
                • You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Thanks all for your comments...I will take them all in and work with them...hopefully to produce better pictures...thanks again...Coda
                  There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                  X