A poignant reminder.... Lest we forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A poignant reminder.... Lest we forget

There is a church close to where I live that I pass most days on my walk, and recently nestling close to the wall and a stones throw from the war memorial, these have appeared.

One can imagine that they were purchased from the stunning London display that represented each and every soldier that fell during the great war, I can only surmise the village purchased several of those poppies after the installation was completed to represent each of those from the village that fell and have repatriated them home........

As an ex serviceman, it's not about the photos this, it's about the powerful story they portray and the lives lost and changed for ever because of that.

Lest we forget....
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: A poignant reminder.... Lest we forget

Thanks for sharing and reminding us Tony

Tom

Comment

Thanks for sharing Tony - they make a moving statement
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well done Tony. We saw the installation last year and it was an extremely powerful work. Seeing a smaller number of poppies but in a small village is possibly even more powerful as it demonstrates how many were lost from each community.
        Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Well done Tony - for these images and its narrative.
          The idea that criticism of pictures is about composition, sharpness, colour, detail etc is unfortunately a very modern fad.
          In the late nineteen century people would pay hard won wages to go and view a great painting that was on tour and then spend the next week talking about its meaning and what lessons could be learnt from it. Your picture reminds me of what we have lost in terms of 'reading' the message behind a photograph. Well done.
          James
          James Boardman Woodend
          www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Well done Tony respect indeed [emoji106]
            We're going to collect our poppy from the framers having had it mounted in a box frame with one of my Tower of London poppy images mounted to display behind the poppy with its certificate mounted below.
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Lest we forget.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X