HDR Try outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDR Try outs

I've been experimenting a lot ;-) ... I've tryed some HDR. I find them nice, they are not to fake ;-)

1#

2#

3#

... any comments?
    Last edited by Fr1so; 25-11-2010, 21:12.
    With kind regards,
    Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Re: HDR Try outs

Hi Fr1so;

I can't figure out what's happened to #1. The ground looks to be not bad (if a little over-saturated), but the tree-line & sky are so far out that it just looks like mud!

#2 & #3 are MUCH better, but are still a tad over-saturated for my taste. It depends really which 'look & feel' you are trying for.

Which HDR software are you using? The latest version of Photomatix is excellent (IMO), and provides much better control; but it takes a lot of practice...

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

The pictures for #1 I have made without a tripod, that’s explain the different treeline. The software I use, is free software called ehm… i’ve lost the name. It’s something starting with an O(leno) or something like that. When I get home, I’will put it here.

I find it hard to see, when I am overdone the HDR. The First had a nice depth, the second is very nice (my opinion) and the third not so nice.
      Can you make HDR in Lightroom 3?

The bird HDR is very nice, it looks like a real picture.
      With kind regards,
      Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

Comment

The bird HDR is very nice, it looks like a real picture.
        This image (although good) is almost certainly not a 'true' HDR merge... My guess is that it's a single image that has been 'Tone-Mapped'...

Sorry - can't help you on the Lightroom front; I don't use it... You can download a free trial of Photomatix from here... Give it a try & see how you get on... If you're serious about expanding your HDR use; it's a very good investment...

Cheers...
        Last edited by Canon-Fodder!; 26-11-2010, 12:59.
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Fr1so View Post
          I find it hard to see, when I am overdone the HDR. The First had a nice depth, the second is very nice (my opinion) and the third not so nice.
          Can you make HDR in Lightroom 3?
          Hi Fr1so;

I'm looking at your images now on a different machine & monitor (which is calibrated) and they are certainly very rich in colour. If that was your intention; that's fine, but to me - they are over-saturated...

Is your monitor calibrated for colour?

Comment

Check out www.stuckincustoms.com ;)

Comment

I like images 2 & 3, I like the effect. Although they do look over done, but I still like them.

Comment

I think the software you are using oloneo photo engine... I like all three, I would go so far as to hang them on the wall...
                EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Not for me really - the treeline and sky in No1 really lets it down. The other two are interesting but the light is not right. HDR can't be done natively in Lightroom although you can purchase plugins for doing them.
                  5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_rw View Post
                    I think the software you are using oloneo photo engine... I like all three, I would go so far as to hang them on the wall...
                    Yes, that is the one. It is a free beta version.
                    With kind regards,
                    Friso

Comment

I really like the second one.

Whilst I normally prefer more natural looking images I've fancied trying HDR for a while and have downloaded LuminanceHDR this afternoon to give it a whirl.
                      TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Working...
                      X