A Shot in Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Shot in Time

Just having ago at some still life shots. something that is out of my comfort zone.
    I would very much appreciate any C&C on this image as i would like to expand more on this area of photography and to be honest i cant think of a better place to learn than to let fellow members point me in the right direction.

A Shot in Time.jpg

Thanks in advance
    Craig
    Craig
    A photo is a moment of time captured forever.

Re: A Shot in Time

Hi Craig;

Looks like you've done pretty-well... One immediate comment; the EXIF data has been stripped off on posting. If you use an external site such as PhotoBucket, you can upload & link with the EXIF still intact. That allows others to see what settings you've used, which helps when asking questions...

So; without knowing what the settings were; my only critique at this juncture is that I would have looked for a slightly deeper Depth of Field so the brand name was clearly visible. As it is, it's a blur; but I think you've got the composure just about right, and dealt with the 'light-shine' well...

Cheers for now...

PS: At least one of the 'clocks' must be showing the wrong time
    Last edited by Canon-Fodder!; 02-12-2010, 13:42. Reason: Being cheeky!
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi Canon-fodder,
      Thank you for your very valid and constructive comments.
      I have posted this image which has taken on board what you have said about the DoF.
      Your comments on this image would be gratefully received.

DOLICE & GABBANA.jpg

Craig
      Craig

Comment

Craig,
        Just thinking aloud.... would stacking a number of images be something to try for this??

David
        David

Comment

HI David yes your dead right i'll do that in future.
          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craiguk View Post
            HI David yes your dead right i'll do that in future.
            Craig, why not do it as well and then post images of the watch (1) "stacked and (2) as you are doing now so people can see the same item, two different methods.

David
            David

Comment

David/Craig; I don't think Focus-Stacking is required here. Focus-Stacking works great when you need a Macro lens wide-open and you're working very close to the subject, so DoF is exceedingly limited...

Nothing to say you shouldn't do it of course; but for these images, I think a regular single shot will do the trick!

Craig; comments on your D&G shot...
              - I think the crown needs to be lit or removed from sight. As it is; it's distracting - to me anyway.
              - There looks to be a bit of a brown colour-cast going on, or is that the reflection from the room environment?
              I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
              Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

C-F, my idea of focus stacking was just that an idea which bubbled up from the depths of my age riddled grey matter.
                What made me think of trying it was I saw a video somewhere which demonstrated focus stacking using a watch.

David
                David

Comment

Working...
                X