Sussex v hamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sussex v hamps

Rain delayed the start till 14.15, so we decided to drink all the beer in the hospitality area. This rendered me useless so all these were taken by my son Huw - hope you like
    7D, 100-400 lens, iso 400, mainly f5.6

#1 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

#14 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

#9 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

#6 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

#10 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Re: Sussex v hamps

Very nice series which will keep those who "knock" the 100-400 very quiet.
    I think you need to drink more beer at the cricket so your son can show his skill to everyone here.
    Looks like Hashim Amla batting and getting some practice before smashing the poms to all points of the ground again.

David
    David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
      Very nice series which will keep those who "knock" the 100-400 very quiet.
      I think you need to drink more beer at the cricket so your son can show his skill to everyone here.
      Looks like Hashim Amla batting and getting some practice before smashing the poms to all points of the ground again.

David
      Thanks David..just to put the record straight its ACTUALLY Sussex v Worcs. (Tooooo much beer). The guy with the long beard is Ali who top scored, but as a team they were pretty poor compared to Sussex - bowled out in half a day!
      Huw my son is pretty nifty with the camera, and has never complained about it. Yes the 100-400 works well for me, seeing as I bought it SH - never had a issue, though good light does help!
      Robin

Comment

Ah too much Harveys Armada ;-)

I agree with David ... it's a cracking set that just shows what the 100-400L can do in the right hands. Splendid stuff.

Comment

Thankx MX. Ive now got 7 days of cricket to cover at the club, and that involves running the bar!

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
            The guy with the long beard is Ali who top scored
            I reckon he's in ZZ Top!

Nice set Rob (Huw), although cricket never really was my 'thing', I sort of like the shots here!

Hope you don't drink that much on our upcoming London jaunt, or I'll be fishing out the canal!

All the best, Mike
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
              I reckon he's in ZZ Top!

Nice set Rob (Huw), although cricket never really was my 'thing', I sort of like the shots here!

Hope you don't drink that much on our upcoming London jaunt, or I'll be fishing out the canal!

All the best, Mike
              Thanks Mike. Like ZZ Top, I rekon Worcs. have the blues right now

Comment

rain delayed my reply ...
                Not what I was expecting from you Robin and I am pleasantly surprised, excellent work
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I think you should now hand over the reins to your son and enjoy retired life in the bar- good excuse for a nip now and then! The chap with the beard is so much like the South African Hashim Amla but I notice that this gentleman is left handed- by the way he holds his bat- the arm guard is on his right hand as well. Excellent photos I must say.
                  Last edited by Nathaniel; 02-08-2012, 19:18.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                    I think you should now hand over the reins to your son and enjoy retired life in the bar- good excuse for a nip now and then! The chap with the beard is so much like the South African Hashim Amla but I notice that this gentleman is left handed- by the way he holds his bat- the arm guard is on his right hand as well. Excellent photos I must say.
                    Thanks Nat....you obviously enjoy your cricket, so ill bob a few more up for you over the comming week. Strangely enough nearly all worcs were LH ed which was good from a toggers POV where I was sitting. Yes we drank so much that we got the munchies and somehow managed to eat the BBQ prepared for another hospitality suite!! It didnt go down well I can tell you and the language turned rather blue...so it was out with the wallet again! Great day tho..what I remember of it!

Comment

Well Robin, I like Cricket as I played it quite seriously in the 1960's, for a County second eleven until a time came when SWMBO gave the ultimatum- choose either "cricket or me"!!!
                      Last edited by Nathaniel; 02-08-2012, 20:49.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Well Robin, I like Cricket as I played it quite seriously in the 1960's, for a County second eleven until a time came when SWMBO gave the ultimatum- choose either "cricket or me"!!! Cricket IMHO has not suffered from the influx of foreign players like soccer where the no holds barred policy of buying top class foreign players has retarded UK born players from developing into world beaters. The English players IMO are really third rate judging by the fact that no foreign clubs queue up to buy any of our PL players. I am a supporter of Man U but I do not like the number of overseas players in every PL club. They are only hiding the deficiencies. When we won the world cup in 1966 the overseas players in our midst were non existent.

Apologies for digressing from your thread Robin but my comments have a bearing on why England are the No 1 cricket team at the moment.
                        Thats why its so cheap for England to tour SA... they all stay with their mother-in laws

Comment

Perhaps you are right. However,apart from one player,most of the others have atleast one English parent and preferred to live & work in UK,out of their own free will. It is nice for some one to have this choice and even have the choice of dual citizenship, which is denied to some, including myself!!

Comment

Perhaps you are right. However,apart from one player,most of the others have atleast one English parent and preferred to live & work in UK,out of their own free will. It is nice for some one to have this choice and even have the choice of dual citizenship, which is denied to some, including myself!!
                            Wheres this going.. I only posted a few pics.. and now the Home Office are involved. Me thinks this forum is a political hot potatoe...sorry im out of here

Comment

Hi! Robin, I don't think there is anything political in all this. Just my humble comments. I am completely NON POLITICAL and enjoy cricket quite a lot. Most probably I will post a few pics when I next visit Old Trafford.

Comment

Working...
                              X