BMX Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMX Racing

First time at a BMX event, and not sure where to get the best shots from or if close-ups or wider ones are better.

Re: BMX Racing

3 nice pictures there Mark #1 & #3 are my favorite with the great expressions on there faces.
    #2 the man in the white top looks out of place...looks like he has stolen a kids bike.

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

All nice and sharp, I think both wide as per no2 and close up work but perhaps no 1 is just a little too tight. They are all very static probably due to using a high shutter speed. Some blur on the wheels would make the shots more dynamic. I would shoot Tv mode, set the shutter at around 1/250 and pan to keep the bike sharp but introduce some movement to the wheels

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Great shots mark, I'd love to see the guy in the white top take off!!!

Joanne
        To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

very good! like them alot.

Comment

Image #1 for me Mark. Seems the one that has the most impact out of the three images,and works best in the landscape format, unlike the other two, as i think the white top rider in #2 is a little distracting and would have worked better without him as the rest of the image has a good line. The #3rd seems to have much empty space around them.
            Looks like a good subject to take, Plus the weather looked good to lucky man !

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks everyone

The race in #2 was for dads I think, and the guy in white had put on a little weight since he lasted raced

I could have tried a slower shutter speed,(maybe next time) but expect the depth of field would have been quite large as it was a VERY sunny day here in Lancashire yesterday

These are shot at
              Aperture: f/2.8
              Exposure Time: 0.0004 s (1/2500)
              ISO equiv: 100

Comment

I could have tried a slower shutter speed,(maybe next time) but expect the depth of field would have been quite large as it was a VERY sunny day here in Lancashire yesterday
                a slow shutter speed combined with panning would give you a blurred background so DOF not quite so important

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  a slow shutter speed combined with panning would give you a blurred background so DOF not quite so important

Stan
                  Of course it would , gee I feel a bit of a numpty now

Comment

I shouldn't worry about it Mark, they are far better than any of my BMX shots!

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

Working...
                    X