Grey & wet grassroots football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey & wet grassroots football

It certainly felt like winter over the weekend,But that didn't stop me.
    A few of my usual images.

All taken with 1D MK III & EF 200mm ,Sigma 300mm still away not back for another 2 weeks so glad I've got the 200mm or I'd be lost.But you'll be thinking i wish he would get lost and stop boring us with this stuff, But don't worry because Saturday night I'm might be doing a fashion show ( Now i will feel like a fish out of water)

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Grey & wet grassroots football

Good work in challenging conditions! My football shots are all rubbish

Comment

But you'll be thinking i wish he would get lost and stop boring us with this stuff, But don't worry because Saturday night I'm might be doing a fashion show
      I never get bored of your football pics mate, keep 'em coming !

Thinking about your title "Grey & wet grassroots football", I'm thinking all the same skills are required whether it's Champions Leaugue in a packed stadium or local amateur matches.

Trev.

Comment

Photo #2 could be Newcastle V Wimbledon from a few years back a nice set Paul.
        Last edited by F.S.P.; 16-11-2011, 16:30.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Great shots Paul, wouldn't fancy being two footed by the bloke in number one! I was getting withdrawal symptoms with lack of football pics this week!
          Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
            Good work in challenging conditions! My football shots are all rubbish
            Thanks hhcanon,

Your football shots are probably as good as my landscapes.

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
              I never get bored of your football pics mate, keep 'em coming !

Thinking about your title "Grey & wet grassroots football", I'm thinking all the same skills are required whether it's Champions Leaugue in a packed stadium or local amateur matches.

Trev.
              Think your right i wouldn't change my way of working no matter how big the game,Just the football standards improve as you go up the leagues,and the matches start to mean more to the players which is then shown in there emotions and makes my job a bit easier to get some great shots. That's one reason why i love taking the young kids playing football at the moment they give you so much more than just kicking a ball around(energy- determination-joy-and the best goal celebration you'll ever see).

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by F.S.P. View Post
                Photo #2 could be Newcastle V Wimbledon from a few years back a nice set Paul.
                Thanks Graham,

Wimbledon never heard of them must of been before my time, MK Dons there's a team, i think they still get the same amount of support as Wimbledon (not a lot)

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by bexman View Post
                  Great shots Paul, wouldn't fancy being two footed by the bloke in number one! I was getting withdrawal symptoms with lack of football pics this week!
                  HI Mike

He's a big guy almost as tall as the other player and he's on his knees.

Paul

Comment

I really like the third one, the lad in his shirt that's just a bit too big, with his hands covered and you've caught the foot and ball action spot on. The weather is only going to get worse for a while now, you'll have some miserable weather to look forward to, but getting decent shots despite the weather is what it's all about.

For the next few months I'm hoping for early goals and early kick offs, floodlights make things much harder.

Comment

Many thanks Bumble.

How many games do you cover is it non league,or a higher standard.
                      You'll have to post some images for us to see.

Paul

Comment

In football I work for an agency,usually two games a week, doing anything from the Premiership to League 2 but mostly League 1 as I cover one teams away games for the local papers. When that team is at home the papers' staffers cover them so I go to whichever match the agency wants covered in the North. Unfortunately I can't show the pics on here as my dataco license doesn't allow it. I occasionally do non league and county cup, I really enjoy snapping the odd Sunday morning game but haven't done one for a while. This summer I did county cricket for the first time which was great fun, much more enjoyable than I expected.

Comment

Hi Bumble

This summer I did county cricket for the first time which was great fun, much more enjoyable than I expected.
                          Had the same thing, Did cricket for the first time last season Here's one of my best ? (YES IT IS RAINING)

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X