Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the Red's Again!!!

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind, but I got my Pass Stamped today by SWMBO to go to Scampton to watch the Reds Practise again.

I was there for two sorties, the First at 0900, lovely blue sky, the Second at 1115 by which time quite a lot of the Sky was Cloudy and Grey. I pitched myself right at the end of the Runway, which I know one shouldn't do really as they pass right over your head at Take Off, nut is just so exhilarating having Nine Red Jets pass over you.

In between the two Flights I was sat alone waiting and there wasn't a Sound except for Birdsong, Skylarks I believe, it was just beautiful and with a bit of Imagination it was easy to imagine being there in the Summer of 1943 as the Mighty Lancaster's took to the Sky from this very place to embark on the Dambusters Raid.

Ho Hum, back to reality, all the shots are taken with 7D and either 400mm F5.6L or 70-200mm F2.8L, somehow during the second display I managed to move the Dial from TV to P and the result was quite a lot of shots taken at too low a speed of 1/640th!!!

Can't Post Pic's, I keep getting a Download PHP Box, will try Later!!! Grrrr. Is it Wine O Clock Yet?

4 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

7 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

8 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

9 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

20 by pelliott1954, on Flickr
    Last edited by pelliott1954; 21-03-2014, 18:47.

Re: It's the Red's Again!!!

1 and 4 are excellent Paul

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan, the system won't let me add any more pic's, don't know why, am trying to edit the Original, adding a Pic and Clicking Save and nothing happens!!!

On 4, if you look at the Aileron Deflection you can see them quite well over, the Pilot was Very Low and wagging his wings to the Togs!!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice set Paul well worth the wait

Comment

Very nice set Paul

Tom

Comment

All are superb Paul; I especially like the close ups of #1, #3 and #4 but all are great
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Another very nice set just a little jealous
              1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
              Facebook
              www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Paul don't have to apologise for posting images especially when they are of such good quality.
                Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Hi Paul,

Cracking work, mate - great bit of togging I like No.3 best, but they're all good.

Cheers,
                  Neil
                  Neilly's Flickr Page
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
                  Facebook
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Thanks all for the encouraging replies, as always, much appreciated. I have constantly tried to add another pic or two but it won't let me, I keep editing the Post Pasting the BB code and pressing save, then absolutely Nothing happens, if I try to go advanced I then get the php box!!!

Very Frustrating!!!

Regards Paul

Comment

First class Paul.

Bill.
                      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice shots Paul was disappointed they cancelled Lossie due to the weather
                        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Bill Alex and Di,

Your comments are much appreciated, sadly the Red Arrows are off to Cyprus tomorrow.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X