bonus shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bonus shot

on the beach today doing sea birds when these two came in across the irish sea to open the rhyl air show ,and luckily the sky had turned that lovely shade of blue ,BBMF spitfire and hurricane

BBMF over talacre beach by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Re: bonus shot

Right place right time mate ,cracking shot

Comment

Nice shot! Get busy with photoshop and blur those props before too many people see

Comment

A bonus shot indeed.

400mm L + 1.4x TC ?

If so, and hand-held, that really is nice and sharp at 560mm, and I guess given the 'prop freeze', thanks to quite a high shutter speed.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Great shot, those two look in superb condition

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
            A bonus shot indeed.

400mm L + 1.4x TC ?

If so, and hand-held, that really is nice and sharp at 560mm, and I guess given the 'prop freeze', thanks to quite a high shutter speed.
            It's a bit of a problem when they're that far away/that's what you had on the camera isn't it. You either use 1/focal length and freeze the props or the whole thing's blurred

Burnham on Sea had an Emergency Services Day today complete with RAF rescue helicopter and it wasn't until I switched to my 70-200mm that I got a shutter speed slow enough to show a decent level of rotor blur.
            Last edited by AndyMulhearn; 31-08-2014, 20:18.
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

As per title I was on the beach shooting little terns ,these flew in off the sea ,bare 400 lens I think so it was a few grabbed frames ,they were also higher than air show height.
              so purely a few bonus shots at long range and without the time to alter anything on camera either ,what i was set on for fast b.i.f was what came up to my eye ,i saw ,they came ,they went around 45 seconds worth i estimate.
              the air show was several miles away btw
              Last edited by the black fox; 31-08-2014, 21:11.

Comment

Well done

I wont mention the lack of prop blur in the circumstances. I made a bit of a mess of the first lot of Sally B shots yesterday as following the previous aircraft i had changed settings back to Av expecting a jet and luckily noticed after the first pass when i was checking the lcd

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

A well grabbed shot Jeff.
                  [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

well done to get them when your not set up

Nice shot! Get busy with photoshop and blur those props before too many people see
                    agree do a little cheating to make a stunning image ;o)
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                    X