Static aircraft details @ Goodwood Revival 2014 - part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static aircraft details @ Goodwood Revival 2014 - part 1

Very busy on Friday and nightmare traffic. Managed to get some detailed shots as too many people around for wide angles.

Random mix of aircraft.

5DMKII + 24-70MKII f2.8L used.

Regards John

Goodwood Aircraft static-1894 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-1934 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-1976 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-1995 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-2025 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-2022 by mistral105, on Flickr

Re: Static aircraft details @ Goodwood Revival 2014 - part 1

A few more - Regards John

Goodwood Aircraft static-1928 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-1937 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-1963 by mistral105, on Flickr

Goodwood Aircraft static-1992 by mistral105, on Flickr

Comment

Great set - the Spitfires are my favourites - what's the close up pic No2 in the second post? Thanks Phil

Comment

Great set of images, don't seem to be able to see images like this

Alan

Comment

Hi John;

Great set. Goodwood is on my list if things I really should get round to... How many of these are static exhibition pieces?

Cheers;

Lee
          Cheers;
          Lee
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
          5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
          17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Coder View Post
            ... what's the close up pic No2 in the second post? Thanks Phil
            Hope I'm not stepping on toes here... I think it's a Gloucester Gladiator...
            Cheers;
            Lee
            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks Coder - its the oil nipple on the aileron bearing as fitted to a Gloucester Gladiator. Regards John

Comment

Thanks Alan - not sure what you mean - can you explain more - Regards John

Comment

Many thanks Lee - they are all in the static display but are all aircraft are airworthy. Approximately 30 were in the static display. You can get up close to each of the aircraft. They have various flying displays during the days. Normally a display starts off at 8am - the dawn patrol and on Friday it was the P51 Mustang Ferocious Freddie. Later on there was the BBMF plus the 2 Lancasters, Canberra and 2 Hawker Hunters together and then 4 Spitfires, 1 Hurricane, 1 ME109 and the P51 all in formation. Definitely worth going if you like cars as wells aircraft plus you can people watches 50% of the crowd dress up in 50's gear. Also have various reenactments scattered around the site e.g. Home Guard. I will post some of the cars later - the featured mark was Maserati. They had approx 16 Maserati 250Fs on display and racing around the track. I have poised some bikes in another post. SO lots of opportunities of photography. Regards John

Comment

Thanks for that John... Now moved higher up my list of must dos... Cheers... Lee
                    Cheers;
                    Lee
                    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

The event was sold out this year and for the previous 2 years - so if you decide to go then get your tickets early. I only buy an entrance ticket as it allows you to go all around the track. Take something to sit on as it can be a long day on your feet - you can pay extra to go in the stands, Did this the first time but it limits the images you can get and you are further away from the action. I took a 24-70, 70-200 and 300 lenses. Used all 3 extensively . 24-70 for the static stuff and also the 300 of close ups in the pits etc. 70-200 and 300 for the action shots - able to pan at 1/125 with both to get good blur in the wheels and background. Regards John

Comment

nice set John

Love the lines of these old classics
                        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Tigger - Regards Jon

Comment

Very nicely composed set John

Tom

Comment

Thanks again Tom - compositions heavily influenced by keeping people out of the image. Regards John

Comment

Working...
                              X