Cosford Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosford Airshow

This was my first airshow with a camera with a good autofocus system and (nearly) long enough lens (5D3 + 100-400MKI) - unfortunately the sun didn't break through so it was pretty dull....considering my lack of experience I'm quite pleased...all comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome....I used auto ISO earlier and then manual....with auto-focus case 4.
    untitled shoot-151-3.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-142-2.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-122-2.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-172-3.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-294.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-357.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickruntitled shoot-373.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-377.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-381.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-398.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-422.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-423.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-429.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-510.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

untitled shoot-541.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Cosford Airshow

Nice work Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Hi Brian it is a shame on the sky, but I think you did a damn good job remember a low shutter speed for prop blur. Got to be number 381 for me of the Red Arrows as they are pulling some G Force on that.

Comment

Thanks Jim, Dave....I remembered the prop blur/shutter speed after the Battle of Britain flight...then seemed to lose the prop altogether in No6 above (front plane)....thanks again.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Nicely done Brian

Tom

Comment

Nicely done, we must have been in roughly the same area, shame i didn't know as you could of had a bash with the mk2 lens, I have some to post as well, but still going through a lot of them, the weather as you say wasn't doing any of us any favours.

Even though I am now suffering from sunburn!!!!!!
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

did well Brian considering the yuck sky - but I do like yellow bi plane
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

It's a BE2 Tigger

For prop Blur Brian you want to be shooting down about 1/320th
                Last edited by TonyT; 20-06-2016, 09:18.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                  It's a BE2 Tigger
                  now I know the reason I liked it
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Very good images, well captured.
                    Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks All...looking forward to seeing your images Tony...It would have been nice to have a go with the MKII....but would have probably made me want one too much! I think the MKI did better than I expected focus wise....IQ is so much better I suspect.
                      1/320th...now logged in my memory for......11th June 2017 (next Gosford apparently)
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Really good set Brian, some corkers in there. Real shame about the sky but what can you do..
                        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

A fine set and I particularly like the balance of the last one

Cheers,
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                            Thanks All...looking forward to seeing your images Tony...It would have been nice to have a go with the MKII....but would have probably made me want one too much! I think the MKI did better than I expected focus wise....IQ is so much better I suspect.
                            1/320th...now logged in my memory for......11th June 2017 (next Cosford apparently)
                            For what it's worth Brian I have had both versions of the 100-400MM and for Air shows etc I find the MK1 better for zooming image wise, and general handling / performance, I don't think there is a lot in it.
                            The Mk1 is a cracking lens and because of that I still have it. I don't sign up for the newer version the better version, it isn't always the case. Canon may extol their virtues, but they would, they are in the market to sell them.

Comment

You gotta love the Red Arrows, pretty much guaranteed a great shot even with a yucky sky...

Nice set all round.
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X