Ecurie Ecosse Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecurie Ecosse Cars

Hopefully the Car Enthusiasts on here might find this a wee bit interesting...
    Some of you may have noticed that the 8 vehicle Ecurie Ecosse collection, owned by Dick Skipworth was sold at Bonhams Auction on Sunday, Mr Skipworth made a tidy £8.8 Million in total, I watched the Auction live on Sunday, it was both lively and enjoyable, but fundamentally very sad that this fine collection was being split up and possibly going abroad.

Here in Scotland, Motorsport fans are very proud of our Heritage and especially the once Edinburgh based Racing Team Ecurie Ecosse, so through the Ecurie Ecosse Campaign Facebook Page we tried to save at least one Car, with the possibility of it being housed in The National Museum of Scotland. The Campaign Group had a petition running with the Scottish Government, they were featured in the Scottish TV News Bulletins and several times in Scottish Newspapers over a four or five week period running up to the Auction, it was always going to be a difficult task, partly due to the timescale and the way the Scottish National Museum funds it purchases, the Group even asked Sir Jackie Stewart to help out, unfortunately he declined, so in the end it was probably more about raising awareness, in the hope that something good may have come out of it.

On a more positive note, I did hear a rumour last night that the Transporter (£1.7 Million), C Type (£2.9 Million) and the D Type (£2.5 Million) although all purchased by an American, may actually be kept in the UK, I do hope that is true.

Here is a video of the Transporter making its (final) journey to Bonhams, if you can be bothered to watch it until the end you will find out who bought the Austin Healey Sprite.
    Dick Skipworth and Transporter

A couple of pics I took in 2012 at the Weston Park JEC International Jaguar Day.

Doug.
    Cameras... 7D, 350D
    Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
    Montana 5 Car-tography

Re: Ecurie Ecosse Cars

Very interesting Doug thanks for sharing this👍
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

This brings back memories. I had a friend who used to have a lockup in Merchiston Mews in Edinburgh, next door to Ecurie Ecosse - I spent hours drooling over the cars sometimes parked there!

Great photographs and thanks for bringing back memories Doug.
      Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Nice one Doug ...
        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Doug. I must admit, I had not heard of this team before. I thought I was a motorsport enthusiast until now! I always think it sad when yet more of Scotlands heritage is broken up or lost forever.

These are great pictures. I can't say I fancy driving that transporter on windy Southern France roads with such a high centre of Gravity. Driving to Le Mans in the fifties must have been interesting!
          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Very nice Doug

Tom

Comment

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thank you, Peter, Jock, Wayne, Gary, Tom and Stan for looking.

Doug.
                Cameras... 7D, 350D
                Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Working...
                X