Cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuba

I have been dragging out some old "holiday snaps" that I took with my DSLR and messing about in Photoshop, cropping, cloning out distractions, and various auto enhancements. A lot of old American cars in Cuba.

Last edited by Bhuna; 28-12-2013, 01:13.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: Cuba

Not to bad, but it looks like you shot down on the car. A more horizontal perspective would improve the composition IMO.

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
        Not to bad, but it looks like you shot down on the car. A more horizontal perspective would improve the composition IMO.

Tom
        Quite agree. That's why I mentioned holiday snaps :), as sadly I was in holiday mode and unfortunately at the time it didn't cross my mind to get down to the level of the car even though a few weeks before that I was led in a wet field taken pics of my dog at her level. I'm still quite a novice when it comes to thinking on the spot about the picture composition whereas if planned like my dog walk was then I get it. I suppose with time it will come naturally when out and about.

It's at times like that I wish I had a mode switch like the camera does and was able to switch to photographer or composition mode LOL.

Andy
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post

It's at times like that I wish I had a mode switch like the camera does and was able to switch to photographer or composition mode LOL.

Andy
          Lol ..nice one Bhuna ...
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post

Andy
            You do, it is called the camera. When Walking w/camera, I am always thinking what would make a good image. As you said it comes with time, but when you pick-up that mode switch, then start to think about what would make a good image as you walk.

Tom

Comment

Very true Tom but I forget to think like that when in holiday mode dragging wife and two kids down every road when they don't have much patience so I just went into Snap mode both with the camera and at them :)
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

I too struggle with "seeing images" sometimes. Made worse when I'm aware that others are waiting for me.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X