Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What your latest or best gadget or accessory for your DSLR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What your latest or best gadget or accessory for your DSLR?

There are so many gadgets or accessories available to photographers now, many at very little cost. I recently purchased a hand strap (copy of the Canon E1 or E2 strap) as I didn't like the standard issue Canon strap. I find this is fantastic. It allows me to wander freely (no strap to stand on or get tangled) with a good grip on the camera and excellent security. This only cost me around £7 from an online retailer. It got me thinking what other photographers felt was a good recent buy they would recommend.

Re: What your latest or best gadget or accessory for your DSLR?

Two things come to mind, one the Optech Neoprene camera neck strap and the other is the Canon remote.

Comment

Mine is a hot shoe cover with built-in spirit level.

I am slightly anal in that I like a hot shoe cover to keep the muck and grime out of the hot shoe. In the days of film, Canon used to provide them and the opposition still do.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Colin, I'm with you. I still have mine securely in situ on my Canon A1 from 1983!!!!!

Comment

Body Armor (sic) and Op/Tech straps.

Comment

DSLRcontroller on my Galaxy tab for my 7D, and my home made shoulder strap :)
            Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Optech shoulder strap. Even if it does tangle me up at times, it beats neck ache. :smile:
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Hahnel Inspire live view remote.
                Martin
                Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

An Optech strap and a T2 mount for my old Soligor lens are the latest accessories.
                  Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                  EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

I have to add another vote for Optech straps and their harness, so that I can have two bodies ready for immediate action.

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

Well, I've just recovered from my 50th birthday celebration and I was lucky enough to be gifted a Gorilla stand and a battery grip with a cable remote switch. I'm chuffed to bits with them. :-)
                      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Op-Tech strap and Giottos monopod. Very happy with them.

Ian
                        EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Best gadget for photography .................. credit card!

Colin
                          Colin

Comment

Best gadget for photography .................. credit card!
                            LOL

One of my fav photography related quotes is:
                            Q How do you make a small fortune out of photography ?
                            A Start with a large one.

Trev

Comment

Haven't heard that one before. Will definitely borrow that quote for future use.

Colin
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X