Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable Kennett Engineering Benbo No 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Kennett Engineering Benbo No 1?

My father very kindly donated his trusty Benbo No 1 to me, and a very solid bit of kit it appears to be. It came with the original head, which had no quick release, so I've picked up a Manfrotto #168 from eBay, which also seems to be a solid bit of reliable kit!

I do like to get about a bit in the mountains, and I'd like to take this leviathan with me - I think I may be able to engineer a way to strap it to my day sack - but I'm just wondering if anyone else has previously found a way of fitting a strap to one or something similar?

I realise that I could get a carbon fibre monopod that doubles as a walking pole, but I quite like the idea of sticking to this lovely bit of prestige kit the old man has passed on to me.

Perhaps there's no such thing as a portable Kennett Benbo number 1 :0)
    Last edited by TheGFB; 23-06-2010, 18:32.
    =========================================
    Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
    70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account

Re: Portable Kennett Engineering Benbo No 1?

Hi Scotty;

Can't really help on your question; other than comment on what I've got on my Lowepro back-pack; which is an elasticated draw-string with a push-tight-toggle - similar to what you get on something like the waist-band of a Kagool. The Tripod legs sit in a velcro'd flap-down pouch, and the elasticated draw-string 'ties' it to a sewn-loop at the top of the bag... (P**s-poor description - but hopefully you'll get the picture)...

Apart from that, I just noticed your sig-line... I'm impressed with that speciality kit - particularly the Russell Hobbs, which I guess doubles as a mirror-lens :biggrin:

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Re: Portable Kennett Engineering Benbo No 1?

:0)

Yes, I wouldn't be without the Russell Hobbs!

My Camelback day sack has a similar elasticated drawstring and webbing clip designed (I presume) for walking poles, but I think the weight of this monster tripod might be too much for the stitching...
      Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
      70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account

Comment

Working...
      X