650d Your comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650d Your comments please

Im new to the forum and also to digital photography although Ive been into 35mm for a long time. Ive just taken the plunge and bought a 650d plus a 18-135 image stabilized Canon lens and i would like to hear your comments both good and bad please.

Re: 650d Your comments please

The 650D is a great little camera and caters for new photographers and more experienced, such as yourself so that was a good choice.

The 18 - 135mm is very convenient being a 7.5x zoom, but with a few exceptions, anything over 4x has a few too many compromises to be a top performer. The image stabiliser is useful if you are out without a tripod and shooting at low shutter speeds, but that only works with still objects - any subject movement and the IS doesn't help at all.

You mention you have been into 35mm for a long time, was that with Canon and if so, do you have other EF lenses available? A MKI 50mm would be the envy of many on this Forum.
    Colin

Comment

Re: 650d Your comments please

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      The 650D is a great little camera and caters for new photographers and more experienced, such as yourself so that was a good choice.

The 18 - 135mm is very convenient being a 7.5x zoom, but with a few exceptions, anything over 4x has a few too many compromises to be a top performer. The image stabiliser is useful if you are out without a tripod and shooting at low shutter speeds, but that only works with still objects - any subject movement and the IS doesn't help at all.

You mention you have been into 35mm for a long time, was that with Canon and if so, do you have other EF lenses available? A MKI 50mm would be the envy of many on this Forum.
      Yes Colin my 35mm is a Canon T70 which has been (and still is) a solid reliable camera since i bought it new, apart from starting with a Russian Zenit E ive always used Canons and yes i do have a MK1 50mm Canon lense plus a dedicated Canon flash not sure of the model without going to dig it out though!

Comment

Working...
      X