Mad moment- Canon 60D vs 550D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad moment- Canon 60D vs 550D

Is there any real benefit for me to swop the 550D for the 60D? The one attraction for me is that RAW images can be processed/adjusted within the 60D.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Mad moment- Canon 60D vs 550D

It's really only basic 'creative filters' IIRC ... to do real processing you still need DPP / ACR et al. The PictBridge interface on my 7D allows a certain amount of control when printing RAWs ... but you are limited by the tiny on camera screen. Given the cost to change I'd be inclined a) to do nowt b) put the money in a lens fund or c) save for that 7D ;-)

Comment

^ Yeah, that.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Ditto

Comment

[
          7D allows a certain amount of control when printing RAWs
          I can also print my pictures on the 60D so there is no different on these two cameras and who wants to print the pictures and have them fade of colour or damage over time, and waste more money on ink, a better way is to see them on your Computer or on a HDTV with USB and they will not fade away. In the future weddings will only use the USB because it's cheaper then ink and prints, anyway picture prints are old now IMO.

put the money in a lens fund or c) save for that 7D
          Don't make out the 7D is the best one, no camera is, and the OP didn't ask that question.
          Last edited by Michael.K; 27-02-2011, 12:07.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

I looked at the 550 ,60 and 7 ended up with the 60 as it suited my needs better.

Comment

I purchased the 550D eventually as it seemed no canon was arriving with the articulated screen but then a year later the 60D arrived and as I really wanted this design originally I swapped/upgraded.
              I see no reason for me to upgrade from the 60D at all for me now unless some revolutionary design/tech appears.

Comment

Articulated screens are a great feature, they make the ergonomics so much better, especially when using a tripod where the camera is seldom at eye level.
                I used to have it of a Canon bridge camera - wish it was on my 50D.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Brian/Chris,

I take your point re the articulated LCD screen. I hadn't thoiught of it before but I am sure it will be of help when I photograph the interiors of churches, with the camera on tripod
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Used the screen to good efect on saturday ,on the tripod moon watching,got some great shots with the 70-200 L F4.

Comment

Working...
                    X