Help Viewfinder goes green on setting custom white balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Viewfinder goes green on setting custom white balance

Help I have a 7d and have hit a problem! in manual mode when you set a custom white balance everything through the viewfinder goes bright green, any ideas please. to fix it requires a camera reset that usually fixes it but not today!

Re: Help Viewfinder goes green on setting custom white balance

Hello and welcome.

So sorry that your first post relates to a problem, but can you clarify whether you mean the viewfinder, or the rear screen? Any other thoughts from our 7D users? I haven't come across that problem before.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

its both viewfinder or liveview!

Comment

oops should have said and not or!!!

Comment

two pictures one of the back of the camera in live view one of a downloaded jpg it only does this in custom white balance NO other setting, I have done a factory reset to make sure it was not something I had done in the background, please any ideas??
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Live View shows the white adjusted image, so the green trint is presumably because that's the custom balance you've set. Does the final image come out like this as well? And does it come out normally if you go back to one of the preset or AWB settings?
            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

see two pictures above, and yes goes back to normal on everything bar custom white balance ?? any ideas

Comment

Tried setting another custom white balance?
                ef-r

Comment

yes still does the same

Comment

i am at present got it sitting for one hour with the battery out and the CR1616 battery as well so it looses all its settings and becomes a manila camera again - keep fingers crossed ! but im not holding breath!!

Comment

that did not work

Comment

Is it still under warantee?
                        ef-r

Comment

it seems to be a problem canon have known about since 2003! and no removing all batteries and starting afresh had no effect!

Comment

4 months out!

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy4paws View Post
                              i am at present got it sitting for one hour with the battery out and the CR1616 battery as well so it looses all its settings and becomes a manila camera again - keep fingers crossed ! but im not holding breath!!
                              You really need to leave the 7D without batteries for 24 hours. That way it should lose most setting and return to ex Factory condition. Otherwise (as alluded to by Brian) it's a warranty job and back to Elstree for the camera.

Have you the latest 1.2.5 firmware loaded ... I seem to recall something that afflicted 7D's but being an old Bear I can't recall.

Update - reply crossed with yours. Try ringing Canon UK and see what their help desk has to say.
                              Last edited by George Bear; 16-08-2011, 10:41.

Comment

Working...
                              X