Wide boys but which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wide boys but which one?

Canon 10-22 is a cracking lens but there's been much said on many of the lenses in this class and I think they are all very good. Really a personal choice and I think you'll get good results no matter which you choose of the Canon/Sigma/Tokina lenses.
    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I did the same as Howard Sheldon, I loved that 10-22, but I happend on a good s/h 17-40 L for the 5D mk 2 so sold the 10-22. Surprisingly it didn't fetch too much on e-bay but someone got agood bargain.
      (I advertised it here on the EOS Mag calssifieds but got no takers.. not really surprising as it was nigh on impossible to find the classifieds!!!!)
      Last edited by camerasouth; 31-10-2009, 23:53. Reason: spelling error

Comment

In my humble opinion there is no good reason I can find for 'not' buying the Canon 10-22. It's very sharp, excellent contrast and colour balance and AF is lightning fast.

I own and have owned lot's of Sigma lenses and many are very good but, I've only EVER found one lens that is better than it's nearest Canon counterpart in all respects and then, only in relation to a EX DG lens when used on a full-frame digital camera.

One final thought. When working on APS-C sensor dslr cameras every single mm shorter focal length make a really significant difference to angle of view. If you buy a lens with a shortest focal length of 11 or 12mm and then use one with just a 10mm focal length, you will I am sure, regret your hasty purchase.

Dave C

Comment

Working...
        X