Circular Fisheye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circular Fisheye

Has anyone got any pics to post that were taken using a circular fisheye like the sigma 8mm?
    Dave

Re: Circular Fisheye

Yes, I have. Most are on the server at home but I can post some later. It is very expensive as a new purchase now (I got mine about 3 years ago) - it went up from £449 to about £700+ and I can't say as I use it a lot BUT it is a fine lens optically and works very well. Gary
    www.garywhite-photography.com
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

Comment

Triangle at Loton Park - 90deg bend which the 8mm makes into 180deg bend.

Above cropped to remove unusable area of the image.

The lens is rather good and can give some rather good effects.
      rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

I take it that no one else owns a Sigma 8mm lens then
        rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

An 8mm fisheye is strictly-speaking only a circular fisheye when used on 35mm-format cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Madweasel View Post
            An 8mm fisheye is strictly-speaking only a circular fisheye when used on 35mm-format cameras.
            And ?

Comment

Originally posted by rhodopsin View Post
              And ?
              The OP asked for circular fisheye shots AND yours are rectangular. The information I offered was aimed at helping the OP understand the the "circular" label has to be qualified, in that it won't be circular on a crop body. Sorry if that seemed unhelpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Madweasel View Post
                The OP asked for circular fisheye shots AND yours are rectangular. The information I offered was aimed at helping the OP understand the the "circular" label has to be qualified, in that it won't be circular on a crop body. Sorry if that seemed unhelpful.
                My image was trimmed accordingly

Comment

Working...
                X