Canon 24-105L Filter Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 24-105L Filter Query

Hi, I have just acquired a Canon 24-105 L and suddenly my Cokin P filters look very small! I was looking at the Lee combined lenshood/filter holder as an alternative. Does anyone have any experiences or advice on this set up? Many thanks, Bill

Re: Canon 24-105L Filter Query

Originally posted by adversa View Post
    Hi, I have just acquired a Canon 24-105 L and suddenly my Cokin P filters look very small! I was looking at the Lee combined lenshood/filter holder as an alternative. Does anyone have any experiences or advice on this set up? Many thanks, Bill
    I have a 24-105 on a 5D and wide open the Cokin p filters are too small. I've ordered some Cokin Z 100mm wide filters (the P filters are 80mm, I think), but they are taking forever to arrive. Also, try the Cokin wide angle holder, rather than the standard holder as its a lot thinner. http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-...logue/p1000765

Comment

Hi Rob, many thanks for that. I note that you don't have your Cokin Z range yet as I would be interested to hear what you think about their quality. In particular I'm wondering about the adaptor ring/holder fit. I'm not impressed with my Cokin P series which spin freely, making it hard to maintain the filter position. Cheers, Bill

Comment

I use the HiTech 100mm system. Prices are around the same as the Cokin Z (from memory) and substantially cheaper than the Lee equivalents. Great quality - can't really fault them. In particular they do an excellent range of ND Grads with "soft" and "hard" edges. http://www.teamworkphoto.com were very helpful with mine.
        “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
        "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
        "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
        "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Originally posted by BT Bob View Post
          I use the HiTech 100mm system. Prices are around the same as the Cokin Z (from memory) and substantially cheaper than the Lee equivalents. Great quality - can't really fault them. In particular they do an excellent range of ND Grads with "soft" and "hard" edges. http://www.teamworkphoto.com were very helpful with mine.
          Hi Bob, many thanks for that. I'll check these out too. Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
          X