"L" lenses problem. Resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"L" lenses problem. Resolved

I have resolved my "L" lens to 7D body problem. First I would like to thank all you guys for your interest and advice!!!
    Also a BIG THANKS to the staff at my local JESSOPS store in Wolverhampton, they have been absolutely GOLDEN.

Spoke to Canon tech again, yes they did ring me back and once again I had to explain the problem in great detail what was happening.

Outcome: After this conversation and without me going into great detail, I decided to sort it once and for all,
    Took it all back and bought a Nikon, sorry guys, but I won't be doing with spending a lot of money and not get a first class service
    from any manufacturer. Thanks again and happy clicking to you all.

Re: "L" lenses problem. Resolved

Each to their own, but it's a bit like buying a Lada, because the salesman was nice.

I wonder what will happen when the N***n's lock on and tracking performance is compared to the 7D?

Just a thought!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,
      Lada or RollsRoyce, this one works with no wobbles and my initial impression is, it never will. (built like a tank) I'll give the tracking ago when I can and let you know??
      If you wish.
      Regards Ivan.

Comment

Ivan, what you don't say is did the wobble effect the pictures you were taking? I agree with Colin in terms of cameras - I'm assuming you went for the D300s which is, in many ways inferior to the 7D & we haven't even got onto N**** glass

TTFN,
        Neil
        Neilly's Flickr Page
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
        Facebook
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

I wish you luck with your decision.

On re-reading my response, it could be considered that I was knocking the opposition, which was not my intention and nor should it be. Both manufacturers produce quality kit and while they are both in the market, we, the customers will benefit from their competition and continued research to outdo each other.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

You've always been a 'dyed in the wool' Canonite Colin - we all know that ! :-)

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
              You've always been a 'dyed in the wool' Canonite Colin - we all know that ! :-)

Millie
              True, but brain says they are only tools to do a job and when I tried a D3 and saw the results of its high ISO capability, I was sorely tempted! But faith in the Deity Canon's ability to smite the enemy, was justly rewarded in the latest crop of Canon bodies.

The knowledge that if I did defect, I would have to grow a beard and wear sandals and cardigans, didn't unduly influence me of course!

Colin
              Colin

Comment

I must admit I looked too at converting to a D700. But to be in a similar position lens wise would have cost me just too much! So I'll be buying a 5DII next.
                5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
                  I must admit I looked too at converting to a D700. But to be in a similar position lens wise would have cost me just too much! So I'll be buying a 5DII next.
                  Cracking body Jim, one that I was sorely tempted with when it came out.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

For my use either would do although I don't really need 21Mp!
                    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

You don't need an engine bigger than 800cc in the car .............. but the 3 litre is much more fun!

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

you won't regret buying 5DII, i've got a pair of them and they are outstanding compaired even to the 5D's i had and they were brill
                        2 x 5D MKII with grips, 16-35 L, 24-70 L, 24-105 L IS, 70-200 L F2.8, 100-400 L IS, 85 L F1.2, TS-E 24 L, TS-E 90, MP-E 65, 2 x 580EX, M80 Viewer, 2x Canon Converter

Comment

Working...
                        X